Sunday 15 January 2017

BLOG 1 ...First Week.....


To learn more about Internet (technology) I have again good chance in this class. I think there is no end to learn technology. I can learn some new things in technology every time, and every day. In the first week of class we learned about twitter, Hootsuite, feedly, and symbaloo. I learned about symbaloo and feedly in ICT class which are useful tools. I used symbaloo and it was a great application and I didn’t use feedly more in last semester. In feedly we can brings all applications (twitter, Facebook…) on one page, so we don’t need to go individually to access the sites for each.

We discussed on topics like ‘what is the Internet?’. For that I would say Internet is a platform to connect people, show self-identity, quick searcher, and shortcut path to get information about anything and from any place in the world. Nowadays everyone needs Internet for searching, to connect with people, education, job, research, etc. So, I would say Internet is a part of our life in this century and as we know there are so many pros & cons for Internet which I don’t want to discuss here. 


















 I had never used this application, but I like to read some good articles, discussion, blogs on mathematics, science, technology, and about education. Twitter is not only for connecting with people, but also great a place for sharing our ideas, articles, platform to show your identity, and an online blogging social network. Another good thing is we can protect our tweets by making our tweets private and more secured than any other site. 

3 comments:

  1. I believe social media can definitely be a very powerful tool in the learning community! There is just so much information out there and it's so easy to access anything in the world from anywhere in the world. Though because of this, it is important to maintain professionalism when interacting online. Sharing resources, ideas and information on social media is a great way to enhance a professional program such as education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Khyati!
    welcome to twitter! this app is such a great resource for us teachers we are able to share resources and are able to follow people that have the same passion that we do. I know you like math and statistics so you can follow people that have that same passion. A thing i like about twitter is that we can also follow professional people and get to see how they live their life and how they think. On twitter when following someone you might see a blue verified badge by the profile that means that it is authentic and public interest so you might see 6.6 million followers. Usually they are sports professionals, politics, media, artist, journalism that way with the badge you know thats the real person because you will find there are several people in the world try to be someone else and tweet like them. my goal is to get 100 followers that is good enough for me anyways have a good term!
    CM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Khyati, I too am looking forward to learning more about how we can use technology and the internet as educators. I have not used symbaloo or feedly before but in what we have learned about them I am interested to try them. You said you have learned about both in a previous class. Just wondering which site you would recommend to use?

    ReplyDelete