Tuesday 21 February 2017

TT # 9... Online Video

I think video strategy in teaching is very useful for the students. I like to use video in my classroom which can be helpful for the students because videos are more interesting, engaging and visual and so students can memorize more. In my placement my CT would like to use video in biology class and she played video in the end of every lesson which was related to lesson and so students can revise that whole lesson. Even it is helpful to play before the lesson to give overview and so when we teach them then students can connect both and memorize easily.

We all have experienced that when we watch movie even before fifteen to twenty years ago, we still can tell whole story of that movie because that was visual. So, if we use this strategy in our class then students will get more interest. And that can be beneficial for visual learner. In my one placement, I played one video in mathematics instead of mental math and after that video students solve the example in groups. Even we could play the video to encourage them or I would say some videos to motivate them.




I have attached link for mathematics and I like that video because in this video one person is talking about Tortoise and hare and he explained dependent and independent system very nicely. I like to watch videos on YouTube. My one of the CT was recorded her video and uploaded on YouTube and so if some students missed her lecture then they can watch that video online and that is also useful for revision. That’s depends on school division because in some school we cannot access that. Even we can give some project in mathematics or science and students can make creative videos for that. In mathematics students have to do practice using pen and paper but if they watch visual video then they can clear the main concept of the lessons. So, from my point of view video strategy is very useful in classroom. 

1 comment:

  1. Great video! I love it and bookmarked these videos for myself haha. I agree with what you have said about using videos in the classroom. They are a great way to reach a different intelligence (visual-spatial). It's so important to approach student comprehension from different angles and videos are perfect for that. It is hard to find a good video though and I find if they are outdated then they lose credibility for students.

    ReplyDelete