Sunday 12 February 2017

WEEK FIVE...BLOG 5

In fifth week, Daniel Dillon presented his work like virtual reality, 20 times project, and Mat School V. Traditional School. Also, he talked about how they got idea and how they have been working on this idea. I noted that how important is professional development because he insisted to us for going to attend ISTE conference. He also said they got idea about VR from conference.

Virtual reality is very useful in mathematics topics like geometry, vector analysis, and we know that any topic in math which is always connected with graph. Generally we draw the graph in 2- dimension. We need graph in 3-dimesion before this idea, I had used MATLAB software in which we can write 3 to 6 lines programs and after that we get 3 –dimension graph and this software are also costly. And first time I heard that virtual classroom for learning. Benefit of that type is students are more engaged, memorized and understand, this three-thing helpful to get good score in their study as well as well as decrease the stress level in exam time.

I also liked his second idea about the collaborating working means project work. He talked about how we get idea about 20 time project. Project work also applicable for any class like kindergarten to university and we all know that doing is better than reading. This is first step to do some innovative work. Because I know my math professor making big money in India because they used their math skills in project work. Also, some students are also helping them in project work and in thesis and they also get money.


Finally, Both topics are really helpful in teaching and learning . I know, the devolvement like this take lot of time and need more related thought but we can develop this by using from some practice. Thank you Daniel Dillon and Dr. Nantais to give me this knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. I had never thought to use virtual reality for math concepts but that is a very good idea. I think it goes to show just how many possibilities there are for virtual reality in all different types of subjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khayti,
    I also really liked his 20 Time Project idea. I think it is important to give our students some freedom in being able to choose what they want to learn about. This project gives them the opportunity to learn about something that they are passionate about. I also liked what you mentioned about the possibilities of virtual reality. I never thought of using it for something like mathematics, I always thought of using it for something like geography.

    ReplyDelete