Sunday 5 February 2017

WEEK 4...BLOG 4......

Digital citizenship is the state of being a citizen of a definite social, political or national community; these carries both responsibilities and rights with them. Digital citizenship is a learning tool for students and children for proper technology usage, it also a good way of preparing students and children for a society full of technology. An element of digital citizenship is digital literacy. Digital literacy is best described as the process of learning about the appropriate and inappropriate use of technology. Digital literacy includes skills such as: searching for information, evaluating the content of websites, co-operate in networks, and organizing the plenty of information available online.

On Thursday, I have missed my class but I have discussed the presentation about MAPLE with my husband. We discussed about the how we can join the MAPLE because in presentation they mention about if you don’t mention pre-service teacher than they send email about your school Email ID. But I have one question in my mind that how could the parents join the Maple who wish to join that?


In Maple, the educators share the idea about the subject and if teacher has any questions about their subject then they get knowledge from the maple via blog, Wikis and events. They also provide the personal space for teachers’ material. I have missed those things but I got basic idea about that and even in last semester in ICT class I got some knowledge about that.

2 comments:

  1. HI Khyati,
    To answer your question - MAPLE is only for Manitoba teachers, so parents can't join it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khyati,

    It's unfortunate that you missed John Evans' presentation on Thursday. I really appreciate all the guest speakers we had in this course. Not that Mike isn't interesting, but they provide great information as experts in their area.

    It's very important to teach our students how to act online. I am amazed at some of the comments I read from adults on social media. It's very important to teach students how to respectfully disagree with somebody.

    Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete